Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
- Trapped, handled, identified, and assessed reproductive condition of small mammals. Identified parasitic ticks and life stages. Data collection contributed to long-term studies of the ecology of Lyme disease transmission.
- Collected ticks by drag cloth.
- Assayed tick samples for Lyme disease-causing bacterium: dissected ticks and prepared slides for fluorescent antibody analysis by microscopy.
- Identified seedlings and seeds of the Eastern deciduous forest.
- Entered data in Microsoft Excel.