New Haven, CT
2008 – 2011
Acted as teaching assistant and lead lab sections for courses:
- Biology of Infectious Agents,
- Geographic Information Systems,
- Ecology and Epidemiology of Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases.
The latter three are targeted at students earning the Masters of Public Health degree.
- Contributed to development of lab and field exercises, in some cases based on my own original research, for Geographic Information Systems and Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases.
- Evaluated and graded student assignments.
- Created and administered quizzes for practical section of Ornithology in which students identified museum specimens to species, using the Peabody collection.
- Assisted students with individual research projects, including project design, statistical and spatial analyses, and creating final reports.
Teaching for Ornithology involved a trip to Ecuador, during which we spotted and identified over 500 bird species in two weeks. Video of parrots at a clay lick along the Rio Napo in the Amazon: … is coming soon.