- Analyze livestock shipment patterns at the national scale in the US.
- Analyze population genetics of bovine tuberculosis (Mycobacterium bovis) to evaluate potential reservoirs of infection (manuscript in prep).
- Model a hypothetical outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in the context of cattle shipment networks in C++.
New Haven, CT
2008 – 2012
|Wrestling with a flying squirrel (Glaucomys volans)|
- Trapped small mammals and mist-netted birds, examined and collected ectoparasites.
- Planned study design and logistics; planned travel and acquired necessary tools and equipment within limited budget.
- Hired, trained, and supervised a team of five field and laboratory technicians.
- Designed database (Microsoft Access) and wrote R program code for data analysis.
- Manufactured and tested microfluidic cell culture devices. Performed general administrative tasks as required.
- Designed and implemented a relational database (Microsoft Access), tracking products and quality control from raw materials to fabrication, packaging, and shipping, as well as customer and order information.